Human Machine Interaction through Laser Gesture Recognition

It is the Open Computer Vision (OpenCV) library. It fascinated me to enter into the world of HCI (Human Computer Interface). There is no limit to what can be implemented under this genre using the library. I started with capturing an image from webcam with a keyboard keypress. Added a few processing options, library has built-in APIs for possible Image Processing techniques. Then turned to processing live stream. Under which Motion Detection, detecting colours, face recognition I could implement. As I could locate brightest pixel in the stream, I could detect a laser pointer's location which made me come up with small miscellaneous experiment of controlling Windows media player from a laser pointer. The video shows the same.



The next step is to recognize gestures to trigger applications.

No comments: